The Town of Gassaway aims to increase the activity level of children especially, provide a safe, attractive, interesting gathering place for children, their families and friends, acquire appropriate playground equipment that promotes movement, curiosity, interaction and imagination, and create a Youth Activities Council (YAC) to involve youth of different ages, using their ideas and needs to shape the park. The VISTA Activities would include but may not be limited to :
• Collaborate with local residents to provide a plan to develop the park.
• Research and write grants and set up a calendar of reoccurring grant opportunities
• Recruit and develop training for volunteers and develop a volunteer recognition program
• Secure funding for Projects, plan fundraising that may become annual event.
• Develop press releases and social marketing
• Develop contacts with local business, schools, service organizations, law enforcement.
• Complete research as needed.
• Conduct Outreach
• Begin to establish sustainability of the programs.
Supervisor: Jeff Skidmore
Supervisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Elk Street, Gassaway, WV 26624
Phone: (304) 364-5111